Monday, January 12, 2015

Last week in Mita?

     I don't know why but this week flew by.  It went by so fast and its crazy to think that in one week I will probably be leaving Mita forever. Its a really sad thought because I love this place and I love the people here. They are amazing and love the lord so much. Its really weird to me how here in Guatemala the Lord is a part of everyone's life. In the U.S. if something good happens to someone most people say it was all luck or hard work or something like that but the people here always give the credit to God and know that they are nothing without him. They all have so much faith it's amazing. They also have some crazy beliefs.    
       Yesterday we had a lesson with this lady that said she was willing to come to church and live the gospel but she will not be baptized because once she was dying in the hospital and promised God if she was healed she would be baptized. Short story is that she got baptized in some  evangelical church and feels like she'll break her promise with God if she gets baptized again. We tried to explain the authority and all that jazz but she won't listen, it's very frustrating. I got to have divisions with Elder Zuñiga again this week and it was so much fun.  He has a hard time teaching and I just sit there and listen to him and then try to make sense of what he's saying, but in the end I just left all our lessons feeling really confused.
      We were going to have a baptism this week but the guy that was going to be baptized, Juan Manuel, was working all week so we couldn't have the interview, but he should be good for this weekend. The best part about this week was on Sunday.   This super awesome family that we've been teaching finally came to church. We've been teaching them for a couple weeks and they haven't been able to come to church because of his work but then they randomly showed up this Sunday and made me sooooooooooo happy. 
     To answer some of your other questions, there are a ton of different languages spoken in Guatemala.   Like over 200 or some crazy number like that but most of them are only spoken in Coban and the northern part of the country. My testimony has grown mostly just by sharing it so much with other people and realizing just how strongly I really do believe the things that I'm teaching. I love you guys a ton. Love Connor 

 Here  is a picture of a general  door in Guatemala just so you guys can know what it is that I'm knocking on all day long and the second is picture of Elder Zuñiga so you have a face to put with the name.
Elder Zunigu

No comments:

Post a Comment