Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy New Year

     First off, I have not gotten the Christmas package. Other bad new is that my shoulder bag keeps breaking. This week I had to start using a backpack that Elder Prestwich loaned me and I'll probably have to buy a new bag somewhere. Other than that all is well. 

      Okay, this week nothing super special happened. Wednesday and Thursday were super dead again because the people party just as hard on New Years as they do on Christmas. At midnight on the 31st the people sent off a ton of fireworks. We had to be in our house at 9:30 like any other day so we didn't get to see any of them but we sure as heck heard them and then they set them off again at like 3 in the morning for who knows why. Needless to say, I didn't sleep well that night which was okay because there was nothing to do on Thursday. We spent almost the entire day in the house of a member just chatting with them and eating Ice cream and other delicious treats. On Saturday and Sunday I had divisions with Elder Mendez, our zone leader.   He's going home in three weeks so it was a great opportunity to learn from him and all that crap. When I was on divisions we ran out of stuff to do around 8:30, so we just sat outside his house for awhile then went in and watched Ephraim's Rescue which is an amazing movie that you should all watch if you haven't seen it. Fast Sunday was long and yes dad we fast for 24 hours and two meals. The hunger usually doesn't bother me too bad but I get super thirsty. Its been crazy hot again this week like just as bad as when I first got here.  It suuuuuucks. I can't wait to get into the capital where the weather is better.
     To answer your question Hermana Roxana telling us she wasn't going to cook for us was a cruel joke and she's going to keep cooking for us. Tender mercies; one is that Juan Manuel who we're going to Baptiste this Saturday is married to his spouse. This is a huge blessing because he's from here and she's from El Salvador and its rare that you can find people from two different countries that are married. Favorite thought from this week was reading in Alma 5 where he's just railing on the members of the church in Zarahemla and he asks a lot of really good questions. Something funny, well due to all the parties I've seen a lot of drunk people and they're usually pretty funny. I'm getting along well with my comp, he's a good guy and we get along fine. I'm glad you guys had a good week and that your party went well and you got to go skiing so much. I've really been missing skiing this week, its rough.  So funny story really fast, when I was on divisions with Elder Mendez we prayed in English because he's trying to learn English but I couldn't do it. I kept saying half the words in English and the prayer didn't make any sense. Elder Mendez made fun of me afterwards because it was so bad. Stupid Spanish.  I got to weigh myself again this week and 'Ive gained another ten pounds in the mission so I now weigh an amazing 170, but don't worry all my cloths still fit fine and I'm probabaly going to take some personal money out this week because I want to buy some casual shoes and a backpack. No pictures this week, sorry.  I'll do better next week. I love you all and hope you have an awesome new year.  Love, Connor

No comments:

Post a Comment