Monday, April 20, 2015

April 20

     Well this week was pretty interesting. First off all we did Monday was sleep and then say goodbye to everyone because my comp has changes. Tuesday was the big day of the changes. The messages before and the testimonies of the people leaving were really awesome. My trainer went home Tuesday and he was one of the few that got to share his testimony with the entire mission.   It was really cool to get to hear him one last time. President and Hermana Caffaro gave some really awesome talks about how this was the first group of missionaries that they were actually going to miss and I have to agree with them. The missionaries from the other groups I didn't really know very well but I knew a lot from this group and I'm really going to miss them a lot. So I know you all really want to hear about my comp so here goes. My comp is named Elder De Leon or Elder Of Lion if you want me to talk in English. He's from Guatemala but lives up in Coban, He has 18 months in the mission and is an awesome elder. When I received him in the change meeting, I had so many people tell me, "Oh I'm so sorry man," which was stupid because my companion is fantastic and they have nothing to be sorry about. All these people were judging someone they didn't even know. But anyway, he's awesome and I know I'm going to have a ton of success with him. His family is loaded and he has a ton of money and a really nice speaker, so we've been jammin out to hymns all the time. We had an awesome week and found a ton of new contacts.  The majority of which were families. Everyone in my district had changes. Elder Hurst is now in a trio so there are five missionaries in our ward, which is pretty fun. Then the elders in Guajitios got a kid, which means he's training and I think he's super excited about that. His name is Elder Cruz and he's training Elder Neal from Idaho. who is an awesome kid, a little bit quiet but still a good kid. Then there are the assistants Elder Pugmire and Elder Moran who are both amazing, of course. My comp know a ton of English but we mostly talk in Spanish which is really nice. Okay funny story I just remembered. Friday, I was on divisions with Elder Buchanan, and we were teaching these kids and after the lesson they began to atttack us with there foam puzzle pieces. Then when we tried to leave, they locked the door and we were freaking trapped inside their house. We finally escaped by running out the back door but it was insane and I thought I was going to die. 


     Yes I have a cell phone but its a piece of crap and I'm always hearing about Brady and his freaking Ipad, its crazy. Haven't tried any new fun foods yet.Love you guys a ton and hope you have another fantastic week. Love Connor.

P.S chase sweet muscles man.  

So this was when I was able to hold some baby bunnies which was so awesome.  They were so amazing.



No comments:

Post a Comment