Monday, September 1, 2014

Surprise!

Suprise! I'm emailing on Monday because tomorrow we're going on a tour of the city and to the market all day so we won't have any time for emailing. I can't wait to get out of here even if it is only for one day. 

This week was pretty good. I'm able to teach pretty much all of the first three lessons in spanish on my own which is good because we're teaching people all the freaking time. We taught the latinos a lot this week.  It was not good for the moral of the class. The latinos this batch are not very nice and so some of them told the boys in our district that they suck at spanish and shouldn't be here. Needless to say that didn't make the missionaries feel very good and I think the Latino elders got a talking to for that one. But they leave this week and we'll never have to see them again. One of the Latinos is super amazing and has one of the strongest testimonies I've ever seen played a prank last night and told everyone that he was going home Sunday night. We were all freaking out and trying to figure out why he would want to leave and trying to talk him out of it. Then he just started laughing and laughing and told us all it was just a joke. Quite a few of the elders were not very happy with him after that. I played a little prank of my own this week. My roommates told me a guy in their district was a super health nut and freaked out about everything. They told me to tell him that I had heard that an Elder form west africa had been reassigned to his mission and he had brought the Ebola viris with him to Guatemala. The kid was freaking out and told everyone else that was going to his mission that the Ebola viris was there. It was hilarious but now the kid kind of hates me. Coolest thing that happened this week was that on Sunday President Cox was talking to us about what kind of missionary we want to be and he made us a promise that we will be fluent in the language by four months out in the mission field. It was so cool because you could feel the spirit there super strong verifying that his words were true. 

The food is here is a pretty good mix of American food and then some native food. We've had a couple different types of tacos but I don't think we've ever had enchiladas. We've had hamburgers and hot dogs twice now as well as some other american dishes. The elders in my room are doing okay, they were some of the elders I mentioned earlier with the language put down. Other than that though they've been okay. I do miss my music a lot. I havent heard any one republic but I have heard both Imagine Dragons and Maroon 5 so thats pretty good. Spanish is alright like I said I can teach a 20 minute lesson on my own so I guess I'm doing pretty good. For exercise I usually lift and every once in a while I play basketball. We have not really been out like I said that will be tomorrow and I can't wait. Hopefully I'll have some pictures for you next week. We get to go to a Wendys while we're out and I've heard Its like going home. Love, Connor

No comments:

Post a Comment