Monday, August 3, 2015

1 Year Down

     Well its been another fantastic week. We had a baptism and a bunch of other really fun stuff happened. To take you through the day by day Monday was Pday as usual. We got all the fun stuff taken care of like sending the dats to all the leaders and figuring everything out. Then we both went and took parasite tests which is just the funnest thing ever let me tell ya. Although I can now put on my resume that I'm a pro and pooping in a cup without getting any on my hands. Turns out I've got another Parasite that we already killed, bacteria and some sort of infection or something fun like that. Good news is Hermana Caffaro is taking really good care of me so you don't need to worry. She called me like 5 times this week and got mad at me because I hadn't had time to buy my drugs and all that so I'm in good hands. Tuesday was a very normal day. We weren't able to do divisions, which was alright and I can't remember anything fun happening. Wednesday we did divisions with Jalpatagua which was fun because I got to be with Elder Perry my old Zone Leader.  He's doing great. In that area they don't even have a branch. It's a basic unit and I didn't even know such a thing existed before I went to Jalpatagua. Thursday we did divisions with Elder F, who is another missionary from my group. He's a really quiet kid who really doesn't talk at all in Spanish or in English, so he has a really hard time contacting and talking, but he really loves the people and he's trying hard so thats all that really counts. Friday we went to some areas and didn't get anything done. It was a pretty rough day for us but sometimes that happens. Saturday we had a baptism of a lady I don't even know. She works in the area offices of the mission so she got everything taught to her there and we just filled the font, planned the baptism, and baptized her but it was still really cool. Sunday was a good day we did divisions with some of the youth of the ward to get to know some of the less actives.It was really weird to walk around with a bunch of kids for awhile but I got used to it. So I'm going to tell you about two of our investigators. One is Daniel, who is a 19 year old kid who has really changed his life. When I first got here he was always super sad and serious but as we've helped him get over his addictions, we've seen a huge change in his life.   He's happier now and he's not as stressed or sad. It's amazing to see how the gospel can change the life of someone like that. The other is Jesenia, who is this lady who really wants to get baptised but her husband won't marry her. Please pray for her and her husband. Other news Anzl came home this week so keep your eyes open for him. I got your packages you sent me, love the PJs and the sheets there awesome. Love you guys a ton and hope you enjoy the end of the summer. Love Connor
 This is one spot in my area where there are like a hundred huge spiders all hanging out together. Its terrible. and Then some photos of the baptism. 





More pictures of the baptism. The little kid next to me in the last one is a punk, he's absolutely crazy. While we were confirming Maricela on Sunday, he just made his way up to the front and put his hands on top of ours and just stood there the entire confirmation.




lease pray for her and her husband. Other news Anzl came home this week so keep your eyes open for him. I got your packages you sent me, love the PJs and the sheets there awesome. Love you guys a ton and hope you enjoy the end of the summer. Love Connor

No comments:

Post a Comment